Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Spring inspiration from Becky at Buckets of Burlap

Good morning!   I wanted to share the lovely talents of Becky from Buckets of Burlap with you today!  Becky has put together some wonderful spring inspiration that I know we are all in need of as we come to the end of the long winter months.


Becky takes gorgeous pictures and has lovingly and beautifully decorated her home.  If you have not had the chance to read her blog, Bucket of Burlap, I highly recommend it!!  I love your style Becky and am so thrilled to feature you here on my blog!


Here is a special guest post from Becky...


Hello everyone!
I'm Becky, from the blog Buckets of Burlap,  and I'm honored to be guest posting here at the fabulous French Larkspur with Tracey!
Are you ready for SPRING?  Here in Louisiana, Spring is showing up all around us.
I wanted to share some photos of a relaxing way to spend a warm spring afternoon.





My youngest daughter did a little "modeling" for me.  We used store-bought bouquets and several vintage items to create a Spring Tea Picnic.
An old aluminum tea kettle holds the flowers.  
And a silver tray is lined with many varieties of tea cups.




We layered a jute rug atop a white IKEA throw to rest upon.  The little white chippy tray holds fresh raspberries.  It's a lovely spot in our meadow to relax and read a book among the wildflowers.



My little one is wearing a dress I wore in my Aunt's wedding when I was 10 years old.
I love saving special heirlooms for my kids to enjoy.









It's also the perfect time of year to get out to the local flea markets or antique malls in search of amazing treasures.  What will you be on the lookout for this Spring?
  Has Spring arrived where you are?
Maybe soon you could find a special spot outdoors to enjoy a good book :)
I sure hope so.

Thanks, Tracey for allowing me to share a little of our Southern world with your readers.
Have a wonderful day! 





34 comments:

Susan said...

Very pretty! Thanks for sharing!

miss flibbertigibbet said...

What a lovely post! Such pretty pictures! Thanks for sharing.
Lorraine

Mona Kay at Blissfully Refurbished said...

Wow, Becky, sooooo artistic!! Tracey, thank you for sharing with us!!

Barb - The Empty Nest Mom said...

Love seeing glimpses of spring when snow is in the forecast tomorrow here in Colorado. Beautiful.

Camilla Skovgaard said...

Wow beautiful post. You share such nice and pretty image. Its look very great and cool.

Judith said...

Here in Belgium it's gray outside, but last weekend we got a taste of spring... It's on it's way and I can't wait:-)

Thanks for charing these lovely pictures, love Judith

Cynthia said...

The flowers in the teapot are beautiful. Nice pictures.

Beach House Living said...

A lovely way to spend an afternoon!

Linda said...

Thanks for sharing those lovely pictures.
I can't wait for warm weather.
As I look out my window it is minus 10 celcius and there is snow on the ground.

Shelley in SC said...

Oooh, this does get me in the mood for a spring picnic!! Gorgeous pictures. I look forward to clicking over to Becky's blog.

Leslie said...

What a lovely picnic! Those berries look yummy - love all the spring color and the vintage dress. Waiting for sun here in the Seattle -

xx
leslie

Jill Elaine said...

How delightfully lovely! i have that same ikea throw:) Gonna have to use it outside sometime this summer - it photographs great!
Spring has not arrived in Ohio:( We've had some warmer days and the sun is shining today. We may take a 'spring break' day from school today and get out in the sun.

Alabaster Rose Designs said...

So Beautiful!! I love Becky's photos and style!!
Wishing you a lovely day!~
Sincerely,
Melinda

Leah C said...

Gorgeous photos! Oh I really can't wait to have beautiful spring days like that again:)

It's me said...

What a beautiful post !! thanks Becky i enjoy it....love for you and you Tracey !!....xxx...

Bine Beldecor said...

Oh Tracey, wonderful pics, I is really looking like spring... I guess we have to wait some weeks to relax in the garden like you and your lovely daughter.
Bine

Fleaing France & French Shopping Tours said...

So pretty. I love the roses!
Oh and I would so love to be able to lay on the ground and read a book like that sweet girl.....I would have to peel myself off of the grass because my back would be shot!

{northern cottage} said...

what a delightful spring day!! so jealous - & want spring to arrive right this VERY minute!

Le Chat de Sucre said...

Gorgeous pictures! Gorgeous setup! Thanks for sharing!

Tinas vita bo said...

Beautiful photos!!
Just lovely.. :)

Hugs Tina

Amy Kinser said...

What a beautiful way to help usher spring in for all of us. Becky's photographs are just beautiful and wonderfully inviting.

Thank you for sharing Becky's blog with us, Tracey.

Blessings to you, Amy

Lili said...

Thank you so much for this beautiful taste of Spring! I adore the idea of fresh flowers in that vintage teapot...so pretty. xo ~Lili

Tutti Chic said...

gorgeous post! I am SO in the modd for spring now! :) chris

Country Dreaming said...

Very pretty. Looks like a fun time.

Melinda

Susan said...

Becky did a terrific job of setting up a perfect spring day. Now if only spring would arrive earlier up here...I just shared a post of Petite Michelle and I bundled up in boots & such.
I am yearning for days like these photos. I love Becky's vintage treasures to go along with it. Thanks for sharing this, Tracey!
(oh and you looked super chic over at Jeanne Oliver's blog)

A Cozy Cottage in the City said...

Hi Tracey,

Becky's Blog is one of my favorites - so it's lovely to have her here on your blog. Her photos are gorgeous, and the inspiration for spring is just perfect! Thanks for sharing such beauty!


Hugs,
Jessie

Shanon at Vintage Sparkle Chic said...

Gorgeous photos on a beautiful spring day! Oh, I can hardly wait for these days, we are very brown here in Colorado still. Thank you so much for sharing, I love BOB, Becky seems so sweet. Love her blog and home. Thanks for sharing, Tracey!

~Shanon

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Lovely photos--I am on the look out for blue canning jars--I need more for flowers. :)

Anne Lorys - Fiona and Twig said...

Tracey, great choice for a guest poster, I just adore Becky and her style.

Wonderful post!
XOXO,
Anne

The Other Me Is Sane said...

Can't wait for Spring! Your pictues make me want to take off my shoes.

summersoul said...

lovely post. heading to beck's blog now.

MC

jewels in the garden +: ) said...

Spring is here in az and I'm wondering what am I doing inside! After looking at this lovely picnic... I'm heading out to enjoy my garden!
Julie

Jody and Stan said...

Garden Parties are so much fun, especially if it's a picnic with your daughter. Love the post and the photos. I love the Jeanne d Arc Living magazine I ordered and have to put a new order for the Spring.
Your blog is so inspirational.

I'm having my first linky party Simple & Sweet Fridays, hope you can come by and visit with your inspiring posts..

Jody

Pale Elegance said...

Hi Tracey,
ooooooh and aaaah, I am in LOVE with your latest post, could it be any more lovely? lol
It puts me in a spring-y mood as I live in Michigan where it's been dreary and snowy for the last 5 mnths! Can't wait for green grass and pretty flowers...
have a beautiful week,
Jenah